This year, fourteen new positions have been created in both up-and-coming and well-known arts organisations throughout Birmingham. The vacancies will be advertised nationally throughout 2018, and the best way to find out about these new opportunities is to join the mailing lists of organisations, check their websites and follow them on social media. Also look out for adverts on Arts Council England’s Arts Jobs website. So join Birmingham’s already outstanding and internationally renowned art scene, by applying for the positions listed below.
Looking to kick-start your career in the arts?
- Vivid Projects will be recruiting a Programme Coordinator to assist with the running of their arts and media programme in March 2018.
- Grand Union will be expanding their curatorial team, taking on a new Associate Curator in April 2018 as part of their development programme for early career curators.
- Eastside Projects are recruiting a new Operation Assistant, a two-year long post which enables early career artists to develop experience and skills by working in an artist led gallery.
- BE FESTIVAL regularly offer internships and progressive paid roles for those wanting to get experience.
- Capsule has already successfully appointed an Audience Development Assistant with combined support by Weston Jerwood Creative Bursary Programme, a year-long placement, including mentoring and professional support training for recent graduates. Alongside, their Programme Assistant role becomes permanent, supporting all aspects of the highly acclaimed Supersonic festival and award-winning heritage project Home of Metal.
Looking to develop your experience, build a creative career in the city, or develop your artistic practice?
- BOM will be recruiting an Engagement Producer later this year.
- Vivid Projects will be looking for a new Associate Producer to produce and curate events for their Vivid Live programme.
- Free Radical are looking for a Creative Practitioner to devise, deliver, and evaluate workshops and other participatory activities.
- Eastside Projects are currently advertising for an Offsite Curator to develop and deliver projects in the public realm, including Birmingham Big Art Project and a new project partnership with West Midlands Trains (closing date 4 February 2018).
Looking to develop your business skills?
- SHOUT Festival of Queer Arts and Culture (Birmingham LGBT) will be recruiting a senior role Strategic Officer to oversee the festival’s strategic development, create new income streams, and partnerships.
- Friction Arts will be looking for a Business & Marketing Development Manager to develop income streaming and more visibility for their local, national and international work.
- Operations Manager and Cafe Manager jobs will be on offer at BOM
- Free Radical & Beatfreeks are looking for an Office Coordinator to support the CEO and General Managers and manage a youthful, busy office.