We are a registered Arts Award Supporter and have a range of activities and opportunities to help young people complete the Arts Award at Discover, Explore, Bronze and Silver level. We work with young people aged between 5 – 24 years within education sectors and young people who work with us independently (BOM+). BOM has a community of Fellows (artists, technologists, scientists, researchers and producers) who produce projects and partnerships that are at the cutting edge of performance, research, technology and more.
Our gallery is open to the public Wednesday to Saturday 12-5pm during exhibitions and it is free to visit.
We support parts A, B, C through our Family events, School’s Projects and BOM+ group.
- Part A: Discover – Young people will be able to take part in practical activities such as our weekly Saturday family sessions where activities will be linked to the current artistic exhibition.
- Part B: Find Out – Young people will be able to find out about artists and their work through talks/ demonstrations by our ‘Fellows’ and artists in residence.
- Part C: Share – Young people will be able to share their work with us through a ‘celebrations’ display of children’s work after Saturday sessions.
We support parts A, B, C, D through our established partnerships with School’s Projects.
- Part A: Inspire – Students will be able to take part in practical activities such as termly projects in schools.
- Part B: Explore – Students will be able to explore the work of artists and arts organisations through Artists leading in schools projects explaining their work, skills and practice in context with the young people’s project
- Part C: Create – Students will be able to create a piece of work through creating their own art/ technology/ science piece using skills learnt during the project.
- Part D: Present – Students will be able to present what they enjoyed, achieved and are most proud of from their Explore work by presenting their creations to peers and artist, identifying through their work which skills they have achieved and what they are most proud of in terms of personal achievements.
We can support Parts A, B, C, D through our BOM+ group
- Part A: Explore the arts as a participant – BOM+ take part in creative arts activities by devising self generating projects based on up coming exhibitions as a whole group
- Part B: Explore the arts as an audience member – With some guidance, BOM+ look at exhibition concepts and create a bank of ideas about their views on the concept, art work, creativity, content, make links with similar work they know and share thoughts.
- Part C: Arts Inspirations – BOM+ have the opportunity to research artist/ craftspeople/ arts practitioners through research about artist, emailing key questions to the artist about their work, observing/working with them during artist in residency.
- Part D: Arts skill share – passing on art skills to others – BOM+ share their arts skills/ knowledge through twitter, Facebook and are invited to share skills with Family Saturday/ summer camp activities.
We can support Unit 1 Part C through our BOM+ group
- Part C – Review arts events – BOM+ will be able to review our exhibitions with the assistance of a guide where required.
For more info contact Chloe firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can support you with your Arts Award.