7th June – 31st August 2019
Gallery open Wednesday to Saturday 12 – 5pm
Our Summer exhibition Make Believe is is a playful, interactive space for all ages. Four international artists present colourful immersive experiences that give us a glimpse into the creative mind of a machine!
The exhibition features work by Gene Kogan, Violet Forest, Will Pappenheimer and Sofia Crespo who all use the latest technologies to create colourful experiences that delight and entertain.
- Make 3D paintings in Virtual Reality that hang in mid-air using Google’s Tilt Brush.
- Watch Artificial Intelligence combine scenes from Alison in Wonderland with famous paintings.
- Add your own doodle to a giant constellation of drawings and help create a virtual sculpture that floats in space seen through Augmented Reality.
- Control a computer-generated sensory scene with your fingertips.
- Discover the creatures from a ‘neural zoo’, imagined by artificial intelligence. Make your own creature at our activity station!
Read a review in this great blog written by Ruth Millington.
This exhibition is accompanied by a week-long Summer Camp (19 – 23 August) for 7 – 13 year olds, designed and delivered with magician Stuart Nolan .